This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his son, purifies us from all sin.
~ 1 John 1:5-7

Trinity Baptist Church

11:00 a.m. Sunday School Class

Friday, January 2, 2009

God's Name

Meaning of God's Name
The 3rd Commandment states
“You shall not misuse the name of the LORD
your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.” Exodus 20:7

Well~What is God’s name?

In Exodus 3:13-14 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of you fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?” Then what shall I tell them?” God said to Moses. “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Opposites are: Left/Right or Up/down

The Ontological Concept:

Lie is the absence of Truth

Death is the absence of Life

Dark is the absence of Light ~ Light is something darkness is nothing

God is light & there is no darkness in Him

(Light can be all different colors, shapes, sizes, etc.

- darkness is nothing)

The transliteration of I AM to Hebrew is Yehwah or Hebrew letters YHWH because of the absence of vowels Hebrew letters have a breathy sound therefore YeHWaH is pronounced as the sound of Breath.

God’s name is the sound of Breath!

When a baby is born the first thing they do is take a Breath or say God’s name.

When we die we take our last Breath ~ remember Death is the absence of Life ~ Breath gives us Life ~ God gives us Life!

WOW! Amazing!

No comments: